At Heaton Park children come first and our priority is to deliver high quality teaching and learning whilst at the same time providing rich and truly enjoyable learning experiences for our community of children. Everything we do as a school is to ensure that the children achieve their very best and reach the highest levels of personal achievement and development.
We want every child to be successful; to reach for success from the very first day they join us and throughout their school lives so that they continue with a love of learning into adulthood. Our children come from many different backgrounds and and this diversity is something we celebrate. Our curriculum is fully inclusive and we ensure that any barriers our children may have to their learning are recognised and overcome. It is our mission to provide a rich diet of experiences and support every child to ensure success for all.
At Heaton Park Primary School and Nursery we will strive to:-
- Provide a secure and stimulating environment that is conducive to all children having the opportunity to reach their full potential
- Have regard and respect for the experiences, knowledge and cultural diversity that every child brings to school and to use this as a foundation for improving standards
- Value the achievements of all children, both in and out of school and provide opportunities to develop self-confidence and a positive self-image
- Provide a supportive culture in which all staff are encouraged to extend, develop and share their expertise
- Ensure that issues of equal opportunities are considered in all our work
- Provide a curriculum based on the National Curriculum and Foundation Stage Curriculum that is broad, balanced, relevant, progressive and appropriately differentiated
- Offer all children equal access to the curriculum and school life in the community where individual differences are appreciated, celebrated, understood and accepted
- Encourage children to become good citizens, by developing caring attitudes and respect towards themselves, other children, adults, their school and their community
- Recognise that children are constantly developing and ensure that the curriculum offered to them is appropriate to that development
- Encourage each individual to take responsibility for his/her behaviour and to act as a good role model to others