The pupil premium grant, as introduced in 2011, is based on school census material for pupils who are entitled to free school meals or children who are in local authority care. It also includes children whose parents serve in the armed forces.
This funding is an additional grant paid to school and is used by school to address any underlying inconsistencies in the learning, attainment and progress for the different groups of children.
At Heaton Park we use this money to support the learning and pastoral needs of our children in a variety of ways in order to close any gaps that may exist between the children who are eligible for pupil premium funding and the rest of our children.
- Teachers and teaching assistant support across school to secure knowledge, skills and understanding across the curriculum and in particular in English and Mathematics
- Funds professional development needs for teachers and teaching assistants
- It provides funding for resources which allow curriculum access and aids learning
- Pastoral support in school and also for family outreach work
- Pupil premium funding is also used in a variety of ad hoc ways and may include supporting extra curricular activities, IT resources and funding school visits
Please read the policy for more information Pupil-Premium-Policy-2023-24