School Governors 2021/2022
Chair of Governors
Mr A Vogt
Mrs R Sloan
Mrs L Tibbs
Cllr S Wright
Mrs E Rosanthal, Mrs R Sloan
Mrs H McKee, Mrs L Tibbs, Mrs S Kaufman.
Mr Paul Lord (HT) and Mrs L Hestford (AHT) Miss Z Quirke (CT)
The main duties and responsibilities of a Governor are to:
- Know and support the aims of the school, its mission statement and ensure that these are achieved.
- Determine the overall direction and development of the school through good governance and clear strategic planning.
- Promote and develop the school in order for it to grow and maintain its relevance in society.
- Ensure that the school and its representatives function within the legal and regulatory framework of the sector and in line with the school’s governing document.
- Act in the best interest of the school, beneficiaries and future beneficiaries at all times.
- Maintain sound financial management of the school’s resources, ensuring expenditure is in line with its objectives, and investment activities meet accepted standard and policies.
- Assist in the interviewing, appointing and monitoring of the work and activities of the senior staff.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality about all sensitive/confidential information received in the course of governors’ responsibilities to the school, and to accord with the conflicts of interest policy.
- Contribute his or her expertise to the discussions of the Governing Body.
The full governing body meets once per term. In addition we have several sub committees that meet on a regular basis. The School Improvement, Curriculum and Safeguarding Committee looks at all aspects of school development and standards, the implementation of the National Curriculum, matters pertaining to safeguarding and reports to the Full Governing Body. All Members of our Governing body are members.
All Governors are members of a curriculum committee which is chaired by Mrs L Hestford.
The Personnel, Finance and Resources Committee: Members , Mr P Lord, Mr A Vogt, Cllr S Wright and Mrs L Hestford.
Safeguarding lead Mrs Helen McKee and SEND lead Mrs Rachel Sloan.
The Health and Safety Committee meets to consider all aspects highlighted with in our H&S planner. Members: Mrs Rachel Sloan (Chair), Mr P Lord, Mrs C Southern (School Business Manager), Mr G Tomkins (Care Taker).
The Pupil Premium Committee: Mrs L Tibbs, Mr P Lord and Mrs L Hestford.
Register of Pecuniary Interests